Step 4 Guidance from the Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales
This is available to read either here or on the Noticeboard in the Entrance. Local Conditions in Brighton and Hove mean that the restrictions continue in force until the present surge disappears. Face coverings and hand sanitising are to be observed. With help on Saturday, Phase 1 of restoring seating arrangements has been carried out and you can choose to select a seat with a kneeler or to take a chair a metre plus apart in the two wings.
One new permission is that congregational singing – through your face covering – can return in a gentle way. Let’s try the greetings and Preface dialogue first.
If you have any questions please do contact Fr John
World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly 2021
Pope Francis has inaugurated this Celebration commencing Sunday July 25th.
Do visit the CBCEW website – click 9
Pope Francis’ Message –“I am with you always “
“I am with you always”
Dear Grandfathers and Grandmothers,
Dear Elderly Friends, “I am with you always” (Mt 28:20): this is the promise the Lord made to his disciples before he ascended into heaven.They are the words that he repeats to you today, dear grandfathers and grandmothers, dear elderly friends. “I am with you always” are also the words that I, as Bishop of Rome and an elderly person like yourselves, would like to address to you on this first World Day of Grandparents and the Elderly. The whole Church is close to you – to us – and cares about you, loves you and does not want to leave you alone!
You can read the rest of this letter by clicking here.
Cardinal Vincent’s Message (British Sign Language Version)
Prayers for Grandparents and the Elderly
Prayers for Grandparents and the Elderly can be found here.
– If still with you make contact. If not pray for them
BISHOP RICHARD’S VIDEO MESSAGE FOR THE 17TH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
- Sunday 25th July Mass 10AM – int. for grandparents and the elderly and those suffering with Covid-19 and other conditions
- Wednesday 28th July int. Olive Rose Hull RIP
- SUNDAY 1st August 18th Sunday in OrdinaryTime – int. for the people of the parish
Saints of the Week
- St Joachim & St Anne – Grandparents of Jesus
- St Martha –with her sister and brother close friends of Jesus
- St Peter Chrysologus –encouraged continuing learning of the Faith
- St Ignatius Loyola -founder of the Jesuits. Based his spirituality on the Trinity, Christ and the Eucharist
The Sunday Gospel
For the next five Sundays we leave St Mark’s Gospel and focus on Chapter 6 of St John’s Gospel.
“ I am the bread of life.
You who come to me will never be hungry
You who follow me will never be lonely.
I will raise you up to eternal life “John 6:35