The Season of Creation
This commences on 1st September and runs through until 4th October , the feast of St Francis of Assissi
This Wednesday is to be a day of prayer for the care of creation and a Prayer is included.
Further information is available here.
The major Conference COP26 to be held in Glasgow will provide a lot of soul searching about personal responsibility at a time of Climate Change.
September – Back to Schools!
Parents will be advised about return to School procedures through their usual channels.
Preparing for the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Holy Communion
It is hoped that Parents and candidate children will once again attend our main act of Worship Sunday Mass , remembering when they brought their children for Baptism –“ In Holy Communion they will share the banquet of Christ’s sacrifice ,calling God their Father in the midst of the Church “ -from the Rite of Baptism.
The Word of Life leaflet
The September edition is now available for your prayerful reflection.
Please consider making your offering by card a link can be found here.Enter Brighton St Thomas More on scroll down.
A basket for cash offerings is positioned on a table within the Church .
100 Plus Draw
This took place last Sunday and the following numbers were drawn-
13 -Liz King, 1 – Janine &Joe Wynne, 15 – Pauline Mason, 33 – Paul Lowery, 29 – FrJohn.
New subscribers welcome.
Having a Mass offered for your intentions e.g. anniversaries, health , deceased friends , another’s needs etc. is a kind deed and a good Catholic Practice.
Mass intention Envelopes are in the Entrance.
- Sunday Mass 10am Int. For the People of the Parish
- Wednesday Mass 10am .Day of Prayer for the care of Creation
- Friday Mass 7.30 pm -St Gregory the Great
- Sunday 5th September 23rd Sunday in Ordinary Time -Int For the People of the Parish
Saints of the week
- St Margaret Clitherow – became a Catholic in York , instructed children in the Faith, harboured priests ,martyred by crushing
- St Margaret Ward –tried at the Old Bailey for rescuing a priest form the Bridewell -hanged at Tyburn
- St Anne Line – became a priests’ housekeeperThe priest -hunters arrested here as Catholics arrived for Candlemas 1601
- St Aidan and the Saints of Lindisfarne –a monk from Iona he went in Lent to the Farne Islands founding monasteries in the region.
- St Gregory the Great – famed for sending missionaries to England
- St Cuthbert – monk of Lindisfarne. Durham Cathedral built to contain his relics
Prayer for the care of creation
Father, Lord of all creation, we praise you with all your creatures and the whole universe that comes forth from the work of Your hands. We acknowledge the privilege and responsibility that You give us as stewards of Your creation. In our ignorance we have done damage to our common home and our brothers and sisters are suffering.Through faithfully following your Son guide and direct us to prepare for a better future. Teach us to contemplate You in the beauty of the universe, for all things speak of You. Give us the grace to recognise, respect and protect all You have created, using wisely all that you have entrusted to us.Holy Spirit, who first hovered over the dawn of creation and drew order out of the chaos help us to build your kingdom of justice, love, peace and beauty where the poor of the earth are crying out.You, who live and reign, world without end, Amen.