The Synodal Journey
Last Sunday Pope Francis inaugurated the SYNOD 2023 and this Sunday Bishop Richard will do the same for all the Parishes and Schools in his Diocese. In time for Advent there will be an opportunity to participate in the process with questions for your views and discussion. You can read more here. In an opening address he focussed on the themes
- COMMUNION a way of expressing the meaning of the church.
- MISSION to proclaim the Kingdom of Christ and God
- PARTICIPATION which means we belong and we listen.
We are promised many different ways to be involved. No one is to be excluded. Fr John
Preparing for the sacraments
There is some catching up to do -Year 5s to complete the Programme – booklet 4 on Reconciliation was the last session. Take the opportunity to revise the booklets on the Eucharist. Year 4 and 3 will need to sign up so that we can have an Enrolment at Sunday Mass
This takes place next Sunday with the collection for MISSIO. Envelopes and information available this Sunday.
Information about a virtual session will be available for those who can attend on behalf of the Parish.
Deanery Mass for the Dead
This will take place at the Sacred Heart church in Hove on Monday 8th November at 7pm
Priests and Deacons will be at each of the Cemeteries and Crematoria on Sunday 7th November for the blessings of graves and prayer
The Assisted Dying Bill
This Bill which would enable a terminally ill patient to commit suicide will be discussed this Friday. We are all invited to pray for the intercession of St John Paul II in opposition to this proposed legislation each day – perhaps a decade of the Rosary.
COP 26 draws ever closer – the media are full of it – even the Queen is quoted! More can be found here.
Last Sunday’s Mass Attendance
Adults 44 Children 2
- 29TH SUNDAY MASS 11AM
- WEDNESDAY MASS 10AM ST PHILIP HOWARD
- FRIDAY MASS 7.30PM ST JOHN PAUL II
- (SATURDAY 8.30AM MASS HMP LEWES )
- WORLD MISSION SUNDAY MASS 10AM
Memorial Liturgy for Mrs Lance RIP
St Mary’s, Preston Park at 4:30pm on Wednesday 20th October
- Wednesday 20th October Induction of Fr Tony Milner as Parish Priest of St Theresa’s Southwick and St George’s
- Friday 22nd October Safeguarding Training for Clergy.
The Five Mysteries (Events) of Light
- The Baptism of the Lord
- The Wedding Feast at Cana
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God
- The Transfiguration
- The Institution of the Eucharist