This Thursday 26th May -celebrating 40 days after Easter the return of Jesus to be at the Father’s right hand and to be in glory. A Holyday with 2 Masses – 9.30am and in the Evening at 7.30pm.
June 2nd – The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
On the Sunday at Mass there will be a Bidding Prayer and after Communion, prayers in thanksgiving together with the National Anthem. This will be followed by the loyal toast in the hall.
Season 2 continues and there is also a Novena we can follow leading to Pentecost Sunday – click here for further details.
A New Saint
Bishop Paul Swarbrick, Bishop of Lancaster, introduces us to Charles de Foucauld, a former soldier and Trappist who will be canonised by Pope Francis on Sunday 15 May 2022. Click here to find out more.
Prayer for the Eastern Catholic Church
This Sunday we are invited to pray for the Eastern Rite Churches. These are Churches of Eastern Rite Catholics in Union with the Pope, Bishop of Rome. Many Ukrainians belong to the Ukrainian Catholic Church and Parents will have seen these Churches mentioned in the Criteria for school admissions. They are to be distinguished from Orthodox Christians who are not in communion with the Pope – e.g. Greek, Coptic, Russian Orthodox.
World Communications Day
Next Sunday with second collection.
Sunday June 2nd. Annual subscription £30
John Mason will be on hand to introduce you to the very simple system with your card.
Growing Up Catholic
Saturday 28th May 11:30am The Sacrament of Reconciliation – Years 3&4
- Sixth Sunday of Easter – Mass 10am – int. for the people of the parish & the members of The Eastern Catholic Church
- Monday of Eastertide Mass 9.30am – The Holy Souls
- (Tuesday Arundel Cathedral Mass in thanksgiving for St Charles de Foucauld)
- Wednesday of Eastertide St Bede the Venerable – Mass 9.30am
- Ascension Thursday – Holyday Masses at 9.30am (int Wallie Moore RIP) & 7.30pm (int for the people of the parish)
- Friday Feast of St Augustine of Canterbury Mass 9.30am intention Mrs Higgins
- Seventh Sunday of Easter Mass 10am (World Communications Day)
Daily, daily sing to Mary Sing, my soul, her praises due All her feasts her actions worship With the hearts devotion true Lost in wondering contemplation Be her majesty confessed Call her Mother , call her Virgin Happy Virgin, Mother blest.