The season of Lent is now well advanced and we are heading towards its culmination in Holy week. This Sunday at 3pm in St Mary’s church we will be celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation with the opportunity for an Individual Confession. There will be three priests available “hearing confessions” Lent is one of the two seasons when it is recommended for this Celebration. The Scripture of the last three Sundays has been a guide with the call to repentance, the Parable of the Prodigal Son and the example of the Gospel of this Sunday.
The Mass Schedule
- Sunday 10am
- Wednesday Lent weekday Mass 10am
- Friday Lent weekday Mass 10am
- Palm Sunday of The Passion 10am
- PALM SUNDAY OF THE PASSION Gather in the Hall for the Blessing of the Palms ,the Procession and mass 10am
- THE CHRISM MASS WITH BLESSING OF THE HOLY OILS 6PM ARUNDEL CATHEDRAL
- HOLY THURSDAY /MAUNDY THIRSDAY THE MASS OF THE LORD’S SUPPER .THE WASHING OF FEET (The Mandatum ) Watching at the Altar of Repose until 10am
- GOOD FRIDAY 10AM THE WAY OF THE CROSS . 3PM LITURGY OF THE LORD’S PASSION
- HOLY SATURDAY 7.30PM THE EASTER VIGIL AND MASS OF THE RESURRECTION
- EASTER DAY MASS AT 10AM
The second Session of the Diocesan Mission commences after Easter. Please click here for further details
Do you speak Ukrainian?
Please contact Fr John.
Please read more about the pilgrimage to Lourdes here.
Thank you to you for supporting the Parish Finances .Peter Cropp will have envelopes ,Gift Aid forms and Standing Order forms.
It will soon be easy to make your Offering with your Cards as we are used to doing on the buses and shopping.
Ecumenical Walking Pilgrimage
This will be taking place over the May Bank Holiday Weekend -Arundel to Guildford. More details here.
O Cross of Christ, immortal tree
On which our Saviour died.
The world is sheltered by your arms
That bore the Crucified.